Alpine CrossFit – CrossFit
Tonight is the last night for Weightlifting Technique at 5:30pm! After this week, we’ll be transitioning to an Open Skills Prep class to help athletes get ready for the 2018 CrossFIt Games Open! Skills will range from Butterfly Pull-Ups to barbell cycling and double unders. All great areas that every athlete will benefit from some focused work. If you’d like to see the schedule, check your e-mail for our newsletter!
Burgener Warm-up (No Measure)
1. Down and “Finish”
2. Elbows High and Outside
3. Muscle Snatch
4. Snatch Lands at 2″, 4″, 6″
5. Snatch Drops
SKILL TRANSFER EXERCISES:
1. Snatch Push Press
2. Overhead Squat
3. Heaving Snatch Balance
4. Snatch Balance without a dip
5. Snatch Balance with a dip
Strength (not for time)
Power Snatch (Est. 1RM (12 Minutes) )
This triplet is a great combination of gymnastics & barbell meeting speed. Your focus should be on creating a high pace for each round and earning your recovery. Ideally, you will hit around a 1:1 work to rest ratio or a bit faster. If not, scale back on the weight of Snatch or the Skill level for T2B.
Keys to Performance:
-Fast enough is still fast! You might want to 100% sprint this from the looks of it….we suggest an 80-85% pace to push yourself but allow for the 3:00 recovey to be enough to repeat your effort.
– Unbroken where it counts! 12 Bar over burpee’s is about movement, but where athletes will struggle is the urge to go Unbroken on Hang-Snatch and T2B. IF breaking up reps is in your future, try to break up the T2B minimally as it only takes a quick jump down and back up to reset. If you break on the Hang-Snatches, you have to readdress the barbell & pick it up to hang position which is more energy/time.
– Get your air back! 3 minutes IS ENOUGH to recover if you focus on getting your air back and calming your heart rate. Don’t just drop to floor and wait. Move around, focus on breathing deep, and keep blood flowing.
Metcon (3 Rounds for time)
3 Rounds (3:00 Rest b/w Rounds)
12 Bar-Over Burpee’s
8 Hang Snatches (65% of Strength; Full Snatch)
Rx+= 70% Snatch + UB T2B
Masters Rx (50+)= 60% Snatch
-Hang Full Snatch: 5 Hang Power Snatch + 5 OHS (Lighter Weight)
-Bar-Over Burpee= Burpee’s to Target
– Toes to Bar= Toes to Rings OR Wtd. Sit-Ups w/ MB
Metcon (No Measure)
3-5:00 AB or Row at Recovery Pace
Banded 3-Way OH Stretch x 45s ea.
CrossOver Recovery Series (Take your time)
Side Plank Hold (2:00 Each Side )
Forearm side-plank position hold with heels, butt, and shoulder against the wall.
Metcon (No Measure)
20 Minute Sustained Aerobic Work
-Row, Jump Rope, AB, Wtd. Walk, etc… Or a combination. Just low intensity moving for 20 minutes.