Time: 12:30pm – First lift at 1:00pm
Address: Alpine CrossFit 12090 W 50th Place Wheat Ridge 80033
Just in time for the Holidays….Alpine CrossFit is hosting a weightlifting meet!
As CrossFitters, many of us have dabbled in Olympic weightlifting but have never truly competed in the sport. Now you can! This event will provide a more casual atmosphere for everyone to show off their Snatch and Clean & Jerk while getting a good feel for a true weightlifting meet. We will have judges, stage, weight changers, warm-up room, and all the butterflys that come with competing. We plan on having experienced seasoned Oly athletes as well as many first timers. We will provide a fun time for everyone and hope to see a lot of PR’s!
Quick notes for this event:
– This is NOT a USAW sanctioned event
– NO SINGLETS are required. However, your elbows and knees must be visible to the judges.
– Weight belts are allowed but may not exceed 4″ wide
– We will have weight classes for men and women. The number of weight classes depends on enrollment but most likely we will have two categories for men and two for women.
– Trophies and prizes will be awarded to the top 3 male and top 3 female athletes in each class.
– We will be following USAW technical rules. Please see link below for more details.
Much more information about rules and how this event will be run can be found via the link below. If you are competing, it is imperative that you read this:
Registration deadline is Wednesday Dec, 7th at midnight. REGISTRATION LINK WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY. Enrollment will be capped at 60 athletes.
This event will last most of the afternoon. Paleo Wagon will be at the event for some great food!